Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dogs smell emotions

I know humans have lousy noses and can only smell stuff like flowers and farts (or in Momma's case, farts that smell like flowers), but a dog's nose is special and we can smell emotions. A common human saying tells that dogs can smell fear, but we can smell so much more than that... like joy, excitement, and bacon.

Lately, my Humans have been smelling kinda sad and upset. They try not to show it to me because they don't want me to feel sad too, but I can smell it. I don't know what's wrong, but I hope my Humans feel better soon.


Smiling is good for you,
even if you're taking a bath!


PS Pops' plant Lilith has yet to catch any bugs. The rest of the family is laughing at Pops because they think his plant is silly... but I think it's just because Lilith is still a little plant puppy. When she grows up, she'll be the Doberman of the plant world!

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw one of your comments and hurried on over here. You live in warm climate. I know we just met, but if you want some company, just whistle. I'll have my mom pack the bags in a jiffy. I'm so cold!
    I'm huge on smiling myself. I love my life and I like to show it.
    Twink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope you parents feel better soon. You are such a sweet little boy.

    Btw, I can't seem to keep that kind of plant alive. I read that it is one of the more harder plants to keep as it is very finicky when it comes to water. I bought a seed pod to try since my attempts at buying the ones in the stores failed me so many times. I hope your plant gets big and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sonic!
    I hope that whatever is making your humans feeling bad or sad goes away soon!
    Good luck to Pops with his plant.
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes!

    Our noses know a lot more than hoomans give us khredit fur...

    I hope woo smell an improvement soon!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonic!

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog, it's GRRRReat to meet ya!

    I'm adding you to my dogger blogger list so that I can visit more often.

    I hope you have a grrrrEAT day ahead!

    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the holiday season, let's be merry and happy!!

    Hope your humans cheer up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonic, you are so right, we pups are very smart and we can tell when things are good or not so good. We are sending you some good sibe vibes that your humans find some smileys soon.

    Woos, Phantom and Thunder

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope your humans cheer up quite soon!
    Such a cute picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, they can sense your emotions, for sure. Whenever I was sad, my dog used to come up to me and lie down next to me. Also, if the family was watching a movie on TV, and my dog was lying in the room, and something scary was happening so my mum got all tense.
    puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add to Technorati Favorites singapore blog directory