Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Meet Knuckles

That's my brother Knuckles on the left.

Last weekend I went to visit my Aunt Jol and my brother Knuckles. I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you guys about my brother Knuckles. When my Momma adopted me, Aunt Jol went with her and also fell in love with the little puppies. There were only two of us left for adoption, so the two sisters decided to adopt one each. The story I'm always told is that Knuckles and I both instinctively crawled towards our respective parents, and that's how they chose us.



This photo was taken on the day we were adopted.

More after the jump!





The crazy duo.



The sensible pair.
It turned out to be a pretty good match too, because while I'm pretty chilled and laid back like my humans, Knuckles is crazy and wild, like Aunt Jol. Our grandparents have sometimes wondered if it's because of Aunt Jol's influence that 'Knucks' is so crazy, but trust me... he was always the wild one in the litter (I mean, just look into his eyes. Those are crazy eyes!). Now that he's gotten bigger and older, his craziness is matched by his agility and limitless energy, which makes him quite the handful. I find it hard to believe sometimes that we're related. My Pops told me that he can relate, because his brother is pretty crazy too. I can't wait to see Uncle Eff and compare our crazy brothers.


Aunt Jol likes the Beatles, thus the psychedelic toys.

Anyway, I haven't seen Knucks in a while because of my illness, so I was pretty excited to see him. While he still likes to chew things, leap onto beds and steal underwear, he's definitely calmed down a bit so we weren't wrestling and tustling as much as we used to. He was also kind enough to lend me some of his ear cleaning drops, as well as some of his dinner (okay maybe he didn't lend it to me so much as I just ate some while he wasn't looking).


Don't tell my grandma, but old territory marking habits die hard.

There's an interesting story about our names. My Pops told me once that we were named after a super fast hedgehog and a powerful echidna... yet he's the insanely quick and hyperactive one while I can pin his furry butt down in 9 out of 10 tussles. Mistaken identities perhaps?

Well, I'm off to snooze. Being the world's cutest dog is pretty tiring stuff, and I need my beauty sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add to Technorati Favorites singapore blog directory