Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Dog Knight Returns!

My Pops once told me the story of a superhero who fights crime while pretending to be a bat. His name is Batman, and he is so effective in stopping crime because the idea of a super-bat scares the poop out of bad guys. I told the story to the Beagle from down the road, and apparently what humans don't know is that us dogs also had a superhero like that.

According to the Beagle from down the road, there was once a dog whose humans were robbed and murdered while taking him for a walk through a dark alley at night. He tried to fight them off, but the robbers were too strong for him. They escaped, but the dog never forgot their scent. Now that he was without any humans, he roamed the city and trained and trained to become a stronger dog by attacking random ex-Atlanta Falcons quarterbacks and postmen. He heard the story of Batman, so he proclaimed himself Batmandog.

But about twenty dog-years ago, Batmandog disappeared. The Beagle from down the road thinks that it's because he finally found the two robbers, and retired after he chewed up their faces while they slept.

The Beagle from down the road suggested that I should continue in his pawsteps, and I thought it was a great idea. Naming my alter-ego was a bit tricky though, because if a man that pretends to be a bat is called "Batman", then a dog that's pretending to be a dog that pretended to be a man pretending to a bat will be called "Batmandogdog". It's a bit too much of a mouthful, even for a bulldog, so we shortened the name to "The Dog Knight".

So that's what I'll be. I'll become the Dog Knight and protect my humans from the Evil Cat and the Dobermans. I'll start my training immediately! Bad guys beware!

The Dog Knight Returns

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sonic.... I mean Dog Knight!
    I can't wait to know about all your adventures!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add to Technorati Favorites singapore blog directory