Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dining out!

Last night we met up with two of Pops' friends, Uncle Qian and Uncle DX, and Uncle Qian bought us dinner at this really cool place that's dog-friendly! It was so cool, like the table was booked under my name, and had a reservation tag that said "Sonic".

Reservation tag

I really felt so important at this place. The waitress would bring out a water dish for me, I got to sit at the table on a chair and I even had my own menu!

Doggy Menu

There was quite a nice range of food to choose from, like a chicken stew, lamb meat balls and beef stew... but they didn't have pork (my favorite food). I wanted to try the lamb meat balls, but they were all out of that, so I ordered the chicken stew instead. The humans were sharing this delicously looking basket of cheesy fries, but I wasn't allowed to have any of that.

Ordering food

And when my food arrived, I was allowed to eat at the table! This is technically the second time I got to do so (the first being at that place with the logo of two dogs peeing into the middle) but it's so much cooler because the other time, I was like eating scraps and stuff. This time, I'm eating my own dish at the head of the table!

Eating at the table

The stew was alright, but it had a whole bunch of stuff in it that I've never tried before and I was a bit scared to eat them. The biscuits however, were so yummy! Pops always teases Momma about ordering her dessert before her main course, but now I can understand why she does it! The biscuits were so much tastier than the stew, and I just gobbled them all up.

My new uncles

One thing that bugged me about the place though, was this mysterious door that was near our table. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't like it. Every time it opened or moved, I just had to bark loudly at it and try to scare it away. I'm not sure how a dog can scare a door away, but barking seems to work with everything else. I don't think it worked though, because it stayed put and continued bugging me all night.

But even with the annoying door, I still had such a good time. I had reservations under my name, sat at the table, ate at the table... I felt almost human. It's a strange feeling, but it's kinda nice. I hope I get to go out and eat like this more often. I can't wait to tell Knuckles and get him back for the time he made me jealous about the beach!

After that, we all went home, and while my humans were chatting to Uncle Qian and Uncle DX, the stupid Dog in the Window came back to try to crash the party. I kept trying to get the humans to open the door to let me chase him away, but they're so slow to react that by the time they let me out, the stupid coward will have gotten away. Argh! Hiew hiew hiew!!!



Anyway, I gotta go. My humans are taking me to the groomers... I'm getting a new haircut! More about that later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sonic!
    Wow! That is the right treatment!
    I dream with having a place like that one here!
    And my mom says... "wild dreams!"
    I loved your video! You are so funny with that "dog in the window"
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you gotta try a place like this sometime. It's so awesome! Too bad there aren't many like them. My humans said that they're closing down because there's too much red tape. But when I was there, I didn't see any red tape at all.

    Your Halloween costume was so cool! I'll bug my humans to make me one next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add to Technorati Favorites singapore blog directory